1540 Non-ablative Fractional Laser
A fractional, non-ablative laser for skin resurfacing and treatment of surgical scars, acne scars, stretch marks, and melasma. The laser provides consistent results in a non-traumatic, safe and effective way.
Utilizes a 1540nm wavelength of narrow channels, leaving skin intact, and effectively treats wrinkles, scars, pigment and skin tone & texture.
- Little to no downtime treatments
- Simple procedure with minimal to moderate discomfort
- Quick, non-invasive treatment sessions
- Excellent scar removal outcome
How Does 1540 Non Ablative Fractional Laser Work?
By delivering energy into the dermal tissue via microcolumns, this handpiece selectively inures collagen molecules, causing a wound healing response and stimulating fibroblast activity. Fibroblasts turn on new collagen production, rejuvenating the collagen matrix and plumping hte skin Collagen fibers are more aligned and organised promoting an effective treatment and enhancing the appearance of the skin.
What Should I Expect During Laser Treatment?
Treatment varies depending upon patients and the areas to be treated. You will be asked to wear protective eyewear to protect your eyes from the intense beam of laser light. You will be placed in a reclined position depending on the location of treatment. The Doctor/ or Cosmetic Nurse will use a handpiece to direct the laser onto the skin. A stinging sensation will be experienced during the laser treatment. A test spot will be carried out before commencing with treatment.
What Will I Feel After Laser?
Some patients report a slight stinging sensation - this usually goes away in a few hours. There may be some redness and swelling which may last 2-3 dyas. You must stay out of the sun during the healing process.
What Are The Advantages Of Laser Treatment?
- Simple treatment - minimal care before and after treatment
- Performed in the Doctor's office and only takes a short time
- Consistent outcome - multiple treatments are required to achieve optimal results. Three to six treatments may be required.
- Gentle treatment - usually performed without anaesthesia, but can be requested when booking appointment if required.
What Are The Potential Complications?
Any procedure may result in an adverse outcome. Occasionally conditions may not respond to treatment or require multiple treatments. Redness of the treated area can occur, irritation, localized swelling, discomfort or tenderness, infection, pigmentation change and scarring which may be permanent if it occurs.