Cutera Genesis V Laser
The Cutera Genesis V utilizes non invasive laser for multi-purpose, all season, all skin type solution for overall skin health. This handpiece can be used for non-ablative laser skin therapy to treat uneven texture, pore size reduction, scar revision, diffuse redness and fine line wrinkles. The laser provides consistent results in a non-traumatic, safe and effective way.
Genesis V Handpiece
- The Genesis uses 1064nm wavelength, protects the epidermis, targets microvasculature and stimulates collagen production to improve the appearance of wrinkles.
- Improves wrinkles by gently heating the dermis, corrects diffuse redness and rosacea.
- No downtime & minimal discomfort
- This handpiece can also be used to treat fungal nail infections, avoiding the need for prolonged courses of oral antifungal medications.
How Does Laser Genesis Work?
By gently heating the uper dermis well below your skins surface, Laser Genesis stimulates collagen regrowth. Additional heat is generated in dilated capillaries to reduce redness.
What Should I Expect During Laser Treatment?
Treatment varies depending upon patients and the areas to be treated. You will be asked to wear protective eyewear to protect you eyes from the intense beam of laser light. You will be placed in a reclined position depending on the location of treatment. The Doctor/ or Cosmetic Nurse will use a handpiece to direct a beam of laser light to the specific area. During treatment you will experience a gently warming of your skins surface as the laser handpiece is moved back and forth about 1/2 inch above the skins surface. You can immediately return to normal activities, utilizing strict sun protection.
What Will I Feel After Laser?
Some patients report some redness - this usually goes away in 2-4 hours. You must stay out of the sun during the healing process.
What Are The Advantages Of Laser Treatment?
Multiple treatments are required to achieve optimal results. Four to six treatments may be required.
- Simple treatment - minimal care before and after treatment
- Performed in the Doctor's office and only takes a short time
- Consistent outcome - minimal to no discolouration or complications. Occasionally, patients with rosacea may get more pronounced redness, this should disappear within a few hours.
- Gentle treatment - no anaesthesia, no ice or gel required
What Are The Potential Complications?
Any procedure may result in an adverse outcome. Occasionally conditions may not respond to treamtent or require multiple treatments. Redness of the treated area can occur which desappears within a few hours of treatment.